cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install IRST and Toolbox doesnt give me options over my SSD raid 0

TKagk
New Contributor

Hi, I managed to install on my ASUS p9x79 Deluxe, 2 x ssd 330 120 gb at RAID 0. Im at windows now and i try to install the IRST manager and gives me this message: this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Also in Intel toolbox 3.1.6, i cant press any button but system information. Rest are unavailiable. Before when 2 ssd were separate i had no issues with toolbox. What is wrong now? I try attach a screenshot also. Actually are all these tools neccessary or not needed at all? I just wanna make sure my pc functions correct before i continue with installing all my programms again. thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello thanulee,

You may want to indicate what version of IRSTe you are trying to install. Please note the Intel® X79 Chipset requires Intel® Rapid Storage Enterprise.

Regarding the Intel® SSD Toolbox the behavior is probably expected since the drives are not properly recognized in RAID mode. In other words, the software only sees a RAID volume (or drive), not an Intel® SSD. This is the same reason TRIM is not supported in RAID with this chipset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello thanulee,

You may want to indicate what version of IRSTe you are trying to install. Please note the Intel® X79 Chipset requires Intel® Rapid Storage Enterprise.

Regarding the Intel® SSD Toolbox the behavior is probably expected since the drives are not properly recognized in RAID mode. In other words, the software only sees a RAID volume (or drive), not an Intel® SSD. This is the same reason TRIM is not supported in RAID with this chipset.

Helo Joel,

Well i was trying to install IRST and not IRSTe. I found IRSTe driver now and seems legit. The version is V3.6.0.1093. Should i go for the installation? Is it neccessary? What exactly is that IRSTe actually? Btw my speeds are around read/write 900/200.. Is this the normal speed i should have in RAID 0? Read seems a bit low. Im sorry its the first time i try install RAID on my own and im confused. Im afraid that if i dont do things proper system might crash and i will need format again

thank u very much

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Thanulee,

Intel® Rapid Storage (enterprise) is a software/driver which can be used to create or manage RAID volumes and related features in Windows*. The system will continue operating if IRSTe is not installed but you will only be able to access RAID options from Ctrl+I.

As mentioned earlier TRIM is not supported with this chipset in RAID. The fact that it appears enabled could be just cosmetic.

Regarding the SSD transfer speed, I am afraid we do not test the drives in RAID but just as a single standalone drive and therefore we can only compare the transfer rates that way.