Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Problem with intel HD Graphics 3000 in Asus UX32A with Windows 7 - Graphics error

AF4
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed Windows 7 on an ASUS UX32A with intel HD graphics 3000. I installed the latest driver from the Asus Website. Now there are appearing squares filled with random colors. This problem appears especially in Firefox, but also in other applications (also system applications). I attached a screenshot where you can see the problem. Most of the time, it is possible to scroll down the graphics errors with the rest of the website and the disappear when you scroll up again. Does anyone have an idea what that is?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RCoop2
Beginner

Have you tried installing the latest driver from the Intel download center instead of Asus's website? That might be something to try. I'm no expert though.

0 Kudos
AF4
Beginner

Yes, I tried both drivers. It did not help.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mixedfrog

Based on your description you can try the following:

1. Uninstall the driver from Device manager or from Control panel.
  2. Do a power Cycle by pressing and holding the power button while having the battery disconnected from the laptop.
  3. Reconnect the system and download the driver from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22628&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

Another good step is to test the system with an external monitor connected to the laptop to confirm if this is a driver issue or if this may be related to the hardware.

0 Kudos
MK_
Beginner

Hello, i have the same problem with my Samsung NP370R5E-S01FR.

Currently I am using Windows 7 HomePremium x64. Before I was using Windows 8 x64 without graphic issues.

I absolutely don't know how to solve this problem. I tried two drivers: the official graphic driver from Intel, and the driver from Samsung.

With both of them I have this issue.

I have these problemes in Google Chrome. Furthermore I have the same problem outside Google Chrome (Windows Interface).

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Micha88,

I recommend you installing the latest graphics driver for your controller. You can get it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

Besides installing the driver above, I recommend you updating the drivers and installing also latest windows updates. It is important to say that we have tested the driver from our side using Intel® products and we have not been able to replicate the issue.

0 Kudos
MK_
Beginner

Hello,

unfortunaly i cannot install the driver, because the driver is not compatible with my Graphicchip (Intel Core i3 2nd Generation with Intel HD 3000 Graphics).

0 Kudos