Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

HD4000 incompatible with NVIDIA GTX 770M

KSans
Beginner

My MSI GT60 ONC (i7-3610QM and NVIDIA GTX670M) has replaced with NVIDIA GTX770M and got TDR error, screen locked 1024x768 resolution.

I noticed HD4000 control panel didn't appear even install lastest Intel graphics driver. If I try install NVIDIA driver, after rebooted I'll got black screen.

Next, I unlocked BIOS and changed EFI compatible to Legacy ROM, HD4000 came to work. After installed NVIDIA driver got BSOD when run 3D application or access informations from vga card (eg. GPU-Z).

Someone else at TechInferno got same problem too. But others install one into laptop which is Sandy Bridge (no optimus) it worked fine!

First I guess my 770M broken then I tried install it into my friend's laptop which is Sandy Bridge no optimus system. It worked fine too.

I'm not sure IvyBridge Optimus system cause this problems, someone help me please!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello kiba208,

It is important to mention that both graphics controllers are different and will not provide their resources at the same time.

As soon as a PCIe card is connected to the system, the onboard graphics is going to be disabled. Since you are getting several problems when connecting the Nvidia card, I recommend you testing the computer without the NVidia graphics card and let us know if the onboard video works fine. Another good step is to confirm with the computer system manufacturer if the video card you are using is compatible with the unit.

I also recommend you installing the latest graphics driver we have available from our side at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

0 Kudos
KSans
Beginner

Sorry for late. I ran my laptop without NVIDIA card, the fan ran 100% all the time but everything work fine.

I have 4 dxdiag logs with latest Intel Graphics driver that you recommended and NVIDIA forceware 326.41.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xnt921szt130cy/Dxdiag_log.zip Dropbox - Dxdiag_log.zip

Note: NVIDIA VBIOS is original video BIOS from seller and MSI is MSI GT60 2OC video BIOS

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello kiba208,

Can you please copy and paste the dxdiag here? It seems that I'm having issues opening that link.

0 Kudos
KSans
Beginner

Here is DxDiag log boot with EFI compatible and NVIDIA VBIOS (original)@

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Based on your dxdiag report it seems that the graphics controller on your processor is not being recognized properly. I recommend you running the Intel® Processor diagnostic Tool to diagnose the product. You can get at the link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19792&keyword=Processor+diagnostic+tool&DownloadType=Utilities%2c+Tools+and+Examples&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19792&keyword=Processor+diagnostic+tool&DownloadType=Utilities%2c+Tools+and+Examples&lang=eng

My best recommendation is to contact the computer system manufacturer so they can check the system and proceed with warranty If necessary.

0 Kudos
SHenr2
Beginner

My problem is when I updated my msi gt60-one with a new nvidia gtx 970m vcard. for the first week it works like a charm.. then I re-format and made a fresh install of windows 7 .. All drivers installed successfully.. but when playing games or any 3d app games,, intel 4000 only works as the gpu.. Both intel hd4000 and nvidia drivers for 970m card are installed successfully... Is this related to bug of hd4000 drivers not switching to 970m when 3d apps enabled? I selected on the nvidia control panel the 970m during 3d games though... Please help thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Omega939,

Please note that when a system has Intel® and another discrete card is called hybrid graphics. This feature can be supported by products depending on the Computer Manufacture.

Most of the times when a system supports this, there is an application that manages the configuration.

From our side, there is no bug with the HD 4000 drivers related to this. My best recommendation is to contact the Computer Manufacture and confirm if the motherboard you have supports this configuration.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
SHenr2
Beginner

Kevin,

Can I post here (later) the dxdiag and can you check it out if the nvidia gtx970m is detected by the notebook? It's so long and so techy, I need someone to interpret it to me.. Will post the dxdiag later after work when I get home... Thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Please attach it using the advanced editor options. I will check it and let you know.

Kevin M

0 Kudos