Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

onboard graphics showing lines when driver installed windows 8 and Windows 10

jgagu
Beginner

Hi I'm having a problem with my Acer Aspire v5-431p-997B4G50Mass.

When I install any driver on Windows 8 or Windows 10 I get a blurb screen and sort of double vision and lines. Using no driver it displays fine. I have ran a memtest on my ram, reinstalled windows and tried manually downloading drivers from acer and Intel with no luck. Any ideas to what it could be? Without the driver installed it functions okay however I can't use video output. Any help would be great.

Here's an photo of what is happening.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello jakebox,

Unfortunately there are no drivers available from our site for graphics controller under Windows® 10 since it is not supported, note the picture below;

At this stage should be able to get the driver from Windows Update.

Have you tried to update the BIOS in order to check if the issue persists on Windows® 8?

For further reference http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems.

Regards,

Amy.

jgagu
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Amy.

From factory this laptop came with Windows 8, I had a failed hard drive which I replaced and reinstalled windows 8 however this is when my graphics troubles started. I have updated to the latest bios, tried windows 7, 8 and 10 all with the same issue only once the drivers are installed. Without the driver it works okay other than bad resolution.

I have tried both the original drivers from acer, as well as downloading directly from Intel and Windows update. This is doing my head in

Any other ideas? Thank you

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

According to the description mentioned it could be possible that the graphics portion on the processor is damaged we could conclude this since you were able to tested with several operating systems. Have you tried contacting Acer to check your replacement options?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
jgagu
Beginner

Thanks Amy. However HDMI Output displays perfectly. wouldn't this also be having issues? Thanks

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Try the following;

With your laptop display try to enter the BIOS, once there let me know if there is any issues with the video or anything. Then do that again but with the external monitor through the HDMI or any other video port available and again let me know if there is any issue with the video.

Regards.

0 Kudos
jgagu
Beginner

No problem entering bios and display is perfectly normal. I have installed Ubuntu and it's running flawlessly . I ran a video card test as well and no issues at all. I might just stick with ubuntu it works for what i use this laptop for anyway. Thanks for trying to help

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

You´re welcome. If you need further assistance let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos