Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Rapid Storage Technology Utility won't start

TGold1
New Contributor II

I just started having an issue with the RST Utility. The version is 12.9.0.1001.

I noticed that the RST icon didn't appear in the notification area. I attempted to start the program, but it failed to start. I assumed something was corrupted or the issue was related to a recent Win 7 update, so I removed and reinstalled the program, but that didn't resolve the issue.

I performed a System Restore to a restore point dated Oct 24, but that didn't solve any issues either.

I attempted to do a repair install of the RST, but that failed as well.

The Intel log indicates IIF_EXITCODE=1603.

Does anyone know the meaning of the exit code 1603?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tjg79,

I understand your RST application icon is not in the lower right section of your display. Please double check if you have it in programs files.

Verify if your chipset SATA mode is set as RAID in the BIOS of your motherboard.

Additional help for the error code: IIF_EXITCODE=1603 provided with Microsoft Windows®

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/834484 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/834484

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
TGold1
New Contributor II

Hi Mike C,

SATA is set to RAID in the BIOS and the program is installed. This is not a new install. I suspect something got corrupted and it's affecting the RST program or the RST program got corrupted.

Do you know the meaning of the error code?

I suspect I'll have to reload the OS if I can't find a solution.

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tjg79,

The error code meaning your operating system crashed while installing an update. I sent you a reference of the issue in the post above.

Please tell me, have you checked the status of the RAID volume from control-I menu? Which is the RAID type that you are using?

For further assistance let me know the motherboard model (system model), how many HDD are you using?

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos