Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics: "This profile cannot be applied with the current system configuration"

JFalk1
Beginner

How do I fix this? Basically: every time Windows 8.1 automatically changes my screen resolution (eg: full screen games) it changes it to 59hz.

So I have intel profiles saved with 60hz that I use to change my resolution beforehand and prevent this.

But the problem: I have a 1280x720 profile saved, and when I select it I get that error message, "This profile cannot be applied with the current system configuration", which I assume is because my native resolution is 1920x1080.

The annoying workaround: switch to 1280x720 in Windows, and THEN select the profile to switch to 60hz (which now works). But this is many many more clicks. The point of profiles is to change resolution with less clicks, right? So how do I force my 720p intel profile to work?

(OR: how the **** do I prevent Windows from using 59hz in the first place? By some fluke I managed to figure this out in the past and had 60hz sticking all the time, but my game just crashed and killed my screen, and now it's using 59hz all the time again unless I preemptively switch resolutions before I load the game)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JFalk1
Beginner

Looks like editing isn't a thing on these forums? Okay.

Just found I have another issue: if I use profiles at ALL, they change my color settings and make everything super dark, even if I uncheck "color" in the profile settings.

So I'm going to have to manually do everything through Windows anyway. Even if I could get my 720p profile to work, I don't know how I would prevent it from ****ing with my colors.

0 Kudos
CKahn
Beginner

I'm getting this same "This profile cannot be applied with the current system configuration" warning in Windows 10 when selecting profiles.

How do I fix my profiles so that they can be selected in any configuration? I just want to easily toggle to a lower resolution when logging in remotely from my laptop with it's smaller screen and then I get this stupid warning. So frustrating!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

What is the Intel(R) processor model? or graphics controller model?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005510.html Intel® Graphics Controller Identification Methods for Graphics Drivers

Allan.

0 Kudos
CKahn
Beginner

Intel HD Graphics 4000. I just made a new set of profiles that are working -- but for how long? This is the third time I've had to make a new set of profiles. What aspects of the system configuration is it objecting to? What does it mean by system configuration? Or by system? Does it mean the graphics system? Or the whole computer? If the message could specifically give me some aspect of the system configuration to modify I would do so but I'm working in the dark with this message.

0 Kudos
OZast
Beginner

I have the same problem. My iGPU is Intel HD Graphics 520 within Core i5 6200U, I tried several driver versions. There is just one other threat on this topic on Intel forums, but we still have no solution or at least an advice.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Have you tested beta driver version: 4380?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Allan.

0 Kudos
OZast
Beginner

I tried current beta 4404 and I was able to import the profile from inside the app. When I just launched the profile file, I got "This operation failed. The file is corrupted." in micro pop-up dialog (custom 160 percent Windows scaling).

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please provide step by step information, I would like to replicate this error message.

I have been able to save profiles on my end.

Allan.

0 Kudos
OZast
Beginner

1. Export a profile within Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (save a profile into file to any location on HDD).

2. Leave Intel HD Graphics Control Panel running.

3. Double-click the saved profile in File Explorer. (profile file should get associated with Intel graphics settings app).

If I skip point 2, nothing happens at all: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel does not get started.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks, I will replicate this issue and post any update as soon as possible.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have been trying to replicate this issue but I cannot get same experience.

Please fill out the following report and reply back with the information:

Allan.

0 Kudos