Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Hang at boot after RST driver install

DT5
Beginner

I Have a new MB with the Z87 chipset. I am running Windows 7. After install, Windows installed an older "Matrix" storage controller driver. I am trying to upgrade to the latest RST driver, but after installing it Windows hangs when I reboot.

Can anyone please suggest what might be causing this or how to troubleshoot?

Apologies, I'm sure I am not giving enough information - if you need more details, please ask away!

Thanks!

- Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DT5
Beginner

Anyone?

Some more details:

* I am using 3 Samsung 840 250GB SSD drives in a RAID 0 configuration, connected via SATA3 to the MB.

* The motherboard is an ASRock Z87 Extreme6.

* It boots to the Windows 7 logo where the windows swirl around and then form the colored windowpane logo, and then just sits there.

* Just to be clear - it will boot fine using the Matrix storage controller driver, but hangs as I'm describing when I install the RST driver, after rebooting.

* I'm using the latest RST driver - 12.9.0.1001.

Please help!

- Dave

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with rapid storage software.

It appears to be a problem with your Windows registry as I have just installed the latest version 12.9 on same chipset model and it has worked properly.

Since you have a RAID 0 configuration, you may need to recreate this configuration and making sure you load latest version 12.9 when you finish the installation of the operating system.

Here is the link for Intel® Rapid Storage:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23496&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel%C2%AE+RST)&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23496&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel%C2%AE+RST)&lang=eng

File name: SetupRST.exe

Allan.

0 Kudos
DT5
Beginner

Yes, that is what I am doing. I recover Windows 7 from a backup image from my old MB and drives, and it boots fine. I then update the drivers for this MB's chipset, install the 12.9 RST drivers, and it hangs at boot. It doesn't hang until I update the RST drivers - if I update everything but that, it boots up fine.

0 Kudos