Hi there,

Specs:

Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev. 09

Southbridge Intel P75/B75 rev. 04

Gigabyte B75M-D3H

Also see CPUID.txt attached.

"Cascading" bunch of problems.in Win 7 64 bit

Started not having NET 3.5.0 installed correctly on Win 7

Needed the DVD to repair Windows as solution to above.

DVD lost the plot - in Windows and in BIOS- just doesn't exist anywhere, yet it physically operates with load/unload.

There's no option in the Bios to detect it manually.

Also running with 3 USB sticks- would they have an impact on device enumeration?

Possible workaround- upgrade Bios Drivers or flash it.

But now the "The Intel Driver Update Utility installation failed"

Have Java 1.7_45, medium security in IE11, turned off Windows Firewall, no go.

Hasdawg System Requirements Lab Sysinfo class seems to run okay, but it is 32 bit.

Can't think of any other reason why this doesn't run,

Any clues?

Edit: Partly resolved: a slightly loose cable inside the chassis. Still would like to run the IDUU, however.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that the driver utility did not work for your computer.

I just tested the Intel driver update utility and it has worked properly on two Intel motherboards.

Please try updating your computer through the link below:

http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx

Allan.

0 Kudos
LStea
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Fairly sure that there is no Firewall/Browser issue.

There may be an installation issue, but the IDUU doesn't give much information out, does it.

Is this a common issue with the IDUU, being the only portal to install software for this machine.

Did a manual search for drivers, the only one available for this rig is the "Intel® Graphics Drivers for Intel® Core™, Pentium® and Celeron® Processors."

Big Hullabaloo about nothing as running an ATI GPU.

Went to the Gigabyte site, posted a ticket there as their flash utility mb_bios_ga-b75m-d3h_f15.exe for this mobo doesn't support 64 bit.

Running their utility "mb_utility_atbios.exe" now, which seems to work.

Will let you know if anything comes of it- or not

Thanks again,

Laurie

Edit: Installed it and got the BSOD 007b. Took hours to realize that I forgot to uncheck "Restore CMOS Defaults" in @Bios. This changed the Sata drives from AHCI to IDE in the BIOS. Would have been okay if it was picked up first. Did a System Restore: no real damage- but a good waste of time!

Message was edited by: Laurie Stearn

0 Kudos
TBess
Beginner

The same thing's been happening to me lately as well, on several different computers. Using any browser (IE11, Firefox, Chrome, all the latest versions), tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java installed as well - they all fail, or spin forever saying "Analyzing Computer" forever.

Who does one talk to to debug problems with the intel driver update tool? It seems all links lead to that tool, and if it's broken, there's no easy way to find your drivers and Intel keeps directing us to the motherboard manufacturers.

0 Kudos
TBess
Beginner

Ok, in my case it looks like you HAVE to have the graphics driver installed before the Driver Update Utility will even work - otherwise it either hangs or crashes.

I installed the graphics driver from my motherboard manufacturer, and suddenly the utility started working.

That's pretty stupid - a driver installer that is broken, unless you've installed one of the drivers it's supposed to be looking for...???

0 Kudos
LStea
Beginner

Simply a case of inadequate documentation.

Allan's answer threw me a little:

"it has worked properly on two Intel motherboards"

In this case only have an Intel chip. Of course, it would clear the air a little more if he replied:

"it has worked properly on two Gigabyte motherboards"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Confirming workaround discovered by tbessie1.

After I installed the graphics driver the Driver Update Utility worked fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Happening to me too, on a new Intel NUC Kit D54250WYK with Windows 7 and the latest IE and Chrome browsers. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

From Internet Explorer v11, Click "Check your system for updates" button:

Internet Explorer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

From Chrome v32, Click "Check your system for updates" button, hangs on:

Analyzing computer...
0 Kudos
CFuri
Beginner

I am also getting a failure on the Driver Update Utility. I'm trying to do what I can to update a hand-me-down laptop, and wanted to update the drivers... anyway, the utility runs and then fails with this error code: 0x800713ec - Asia

I looked at the logs, but wasn't able to decipher much of it. Here is the (I think) pertinent portion :

Creating a system restore point.

Could not create system restore point, error: 0x80070422. Continuing...

Caching bundle from: 'C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\{8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}\.be\Intel® Driver Update Utility Installer.exe' to: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\{8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}\Intel® Driver Update Utility Installer.exe'

Registering bundle dependency provider: {8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}, version: 2.0.0.29

Prompt for source of package: NetFx45Web, payload: NetFx45Web, path: C:\drivers\redist\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe

Acquiring package: NetFx45Web, payload: NetFx45Web, download from: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=225704 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=225704

Verified acquired payload: NetFx45Web at path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\.unverified\NetFx45Web, moving to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\F6BA6F03C65C3996A258F58324A917463B2D6FF4\redist\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe.

Verified existing payload: DriverUpdateUtilityInstaller at path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\{59DB38EB-F864-4E10-841D- 38CFBCF864B0}v2.0.0.29\Intel Driver Update Utility Installer.msi.

Applying execute package: NetFx45Web, action: Install, path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\F6BA6F03C65C3996A258F58324A917463B2D6FF4\redist\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe, arguments: '"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\F6BA6F03C65C3996A258F58324A917463B2D6FF4\redist\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe" /q /norestart /ChainingPackage "Intel® Driver Update Utility" /log "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Intel®_Driver_Update_Utility_20150116050235_0_NetFx45Web.log.html"'

Error 0x800713ec: Process returned error: 0x13ec

Error 0x800713ec: Failed to execute EXE package.

Error 0x800713ec: Failed to configure per-machine EXE package.

Applied execute package: NetFx45Web, result: 0x800713ec, restart: None

Error 0x800713ec: Failed to execute EXE package.

Removing cached package: NetFx45Web, from path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\F6BA6F03C65C3996A258F58324A917463B2D6FF4\

Removed bundle dependency provider: {8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}

Removing cached bundle: {8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}, from path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Package Cache\{8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}\

Apply complete, result: 0x800713ec, restart: None, ba requested restart: No

Again, I can't make heads or tails of it. Hope someone here can help.

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I know the error log you posted is old, but I just saw it and hope you can respond. What version of Windows is on your laptop? The Intel(R) Driver Update Utility installs a Microsoft ". Net" component as part of the installation. That is the part that fails in the error log you posted. That might happen if you have an older version of Windows that isn't supported.

The http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/iduufaq Frequently Asked Questions for the Intel® Driver Update Utility page lists Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 as supported operating systems. If you have an older laptop, I was thinking maybe you have an older version of Windows.

Mark

0 Kudos
ABlac2
Beginner

Also I found they disabled update for all non Intel motherboards. But sometimes you can find (if you are able to find them in piles of rusty garbage and red tape) your latest drivers manually on Intel downloadcenter. There's too much of information and there's no enough people to bring it to order.

I was trying to download INTEL PRO WIRELESS software for Win8.1/64. Driver update utility was able to find ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for that laptop. So, I managed to find it manually on Intel downloadcenter, but only for windows 7/64, which didn't work for my system. Searching on other NON Intel websites brought me success-now I have INTEL PRO WIRELESS app for windows 8.1/64 that works great.

If this situation is not getting better-I'll turn my head to other NON INTEL hardware developers.

0 Kudos