Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless-n 2230 bluetooth with Win 7 Embedded NO GOOD!

EChow2
Beginner

I recently bought an Intel NUC DC3217IYE and Intel Centrino wireless-n 2230 but it seems that the bluetooth driver doesn't seems to go well with Windown 7 Embedded Standard 64-bit SP1.

After all drivers were installed for the NUC and the wireless-n 2230, there were still two Unknown devices found in the Device Manager.

I have installed the following drivers:

DC3217IYE-D33217GKE driver bundle January 2014 (IYE-GKE-Win7-64bit-Driver-Bundle-Jan2014.zip)

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7 (Wireless_16.7.0_Ds64.exe)

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7 (BT_3.1.1311_s64.exe)

I performed some checks and found out those are:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

I am sure that there's nothing wrong with the equipment because the devices were installed successfully when using Windows 7 Home/Professional 64-bit SP1. I've 50+ sets of these equipment so cross tests were performed and there were nothing wrong with the equipment.

I tried every possible way including backing up bluetooth drivers from Win 7 Pro OS then install it into the Win7 Embedded OS but it will warn me that the drivers are not digitally signed.

Would any one please give me some directions on how to solve this problem? I have 50+ sets of these and want a perfect OS image.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Eddie, we strongly suggest using the Windows* 7 (Home or Professional) version that worked with Bluetooth* since that is the operating system version widely supported by Intel®.

The support for Windows* 7 Embedded is provided to developers through a different channel, which I can certainly share with you via private message if needed.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

0 Kudos