Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

IPDT 3.0.025 fails temp test - what is the solution please

psalu
Beginner

Hi Team

I run the IPDT 3.0.0.25 version of tool (latest one).. the temperature test fails. I saw the help community on this site similar problems are reported but I do not see the solution to this problem.

i.e. what I need to upgrade to make this test pass????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FHeik
New Contributor II

Perform a different stress test (I recommend Prime95), and during that test monitor temperatures with https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ RealTemp.

If that turns out to be ok, your CPU most likely doesn't have an overheating issue.

If it indicates an overheating issue, check your CPU cooler (Does it work? Is it properly seated? Is it free of dust? Is the thermal paste properly applied?).

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please follow recommendations provided by YseGuy and let us know your findings.

Allan.

0 Kudos
psalu
Beginner

Apparently -

I happened to check cpu cooler ( heat-sink mounted on the head of cpu), it was little loosened which is ok now, Apart from that only thing I do not know if the material is faded out and if I need to replace it ( some TIM or something that's used at the contact point between heat-sink and processors head) because the cpu fan noise is still coming !!!.-:)

And yes..

Apart from this more or less I think I had tried almost all the things suggested in thread yseGuy but issue remains so.

What I am surprised at is the CPU utilization suddenly goes up for say just one application opened....

( sorry for the odd spelling mistakes if any,, the nature of this issue..is something strange..)

0 Kudos
psalu
Beginner

and yes..

please see my original post, it is having one text attachment which is having the output after I run the test.

rgds pravin

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I would recommend waiting for different version of the IPDT, there are some customers reporting some issues with version 3.0.025.

Allan.

0 Kudos