Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

hd 3000

GFoy
Beginner

I just bought an older laptop for ma good price. It's the Dell E6420. It has the i5 2540M processor which should support HD 3000 graphics, but no matter how many different ways I try it I have no luck,

It all started when i was trying to run Starcraft 2 and the GPU temp was maxing out and the game was lagging, so i looked online and found out about switchable graphics and I figured i'd give it a try to see if I get better results running both the Nvidia NVS 4200M and the HD graphics 3000 at the same time. That's when i learned that HD Graphics 3000 wasn't supported on the Windows 10, so i went back to windows 7 and that was a royal pain, but finally got it running. However, whenever i try and run any of the installation files either from Intel's website or from Dell's I get the following message. "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software". Now I've come across many posts online about the software not being supported on windows 10, but I cant find any posts about it happening in windows 7, so i'm completely at a loss for what to do next.

Also, I've noticed in device manager that only the Nvidia display adapter shows, no other adapter. And i didn't get a driver CD with this laptop as it was from a store that deals in refurbished laptop's. I'm thinking that might be the problem and the drivers on the two sites are only to update devices that already have the drivers installed.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg8642,

Switchable graphics allows us to use 1 of the graphics card at a time; it is not possible to use both. Newer computers have Hybrid graphics, the system will work with both together.

On BIOS it is usually the option to set which graphics card we want to use.

Regards,

Miguel C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg8642,

Switchable graphics allows us to use 1 of the graphics card at a time; it is not possible to use both. Newer computers have Hybrid graphics, the system will work with both together.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Greg8642,

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Greg8642,

I am following your case. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos