Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense SR300 camera fails to start on a specific USB port

NZafr
Novice

Hello,

I've encountered the following phenomena on two different NUCs:

Realsense SR300 camera was working fine, until at some point it stopped working on a specific USB port.

The SR300 camera is working when I connect it to a different USB port.

Other USB3 devices work fine on the same USB port on which the SR300 camera is not working (including Realsense F200 camera).

NUC's info:

* CPU: i7-5557U 3.10GHz (it's a 5th generation, and I know Intel recommends a 6th generation processor for SR300 camera, but as I said it was working fine for some time, and is still working on other USB ports. Therefore, I don't think 5th generation CPU is the problem).

* BIOS: RYBDWi35.86A.0350.2015.0812.1722

SR300 camera info:

* Driver: intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.0.24.59748

* SDK: intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r6_8.0.24.6528

Please advise.

Thank you,

Noam.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
NZafr
Novice

Some additional important info I've just discovered:

When connecting the SR300 to the USB port that works, 3 imaging devices are shown in the device manager: Depth, RGB and Virtual driver.

When connecting the SR300 to the USB port that doesn't work, only 2 imaging devices are shown in the device manager: Depth and RGB.

Below is a snapshot of my device manager when the SR300 is connected to the working USB port, with the virtual driver is marked in the red rectangle, and a snapshot of the device manager when the SR300 is connected to the faulty USB port (you can clearly see that the virtual driver is missing).

Seems like the virtual driver fails to start for the faulty USB port.

0 Kudos
NZafr
Novice

And some more info...

I also upgraded my BIOS to the latest version - RYBDWi35.86A.0355.

Upgrade didn't seem to have any effect on the system's behavior.

0 Kudos
NZafr
Novice

After trying many things, I have finally found a way that fixes the problem:

In "Connected Device Settings", I uninstalled the SR300.

Then I disconnected and reconnected it to the USB port.

Since I uninstalled the SR300, Windows is reinstalling it.

After that, the SR300 is working again.

Having said that, my solution is just a bypass.

It does not explain, why the SR300 stopped working on that specific USB port in the first place.

This solution also doesn't guarantee that this problem will not happen again.

Therefore, I would appreciate if someone from Intel can look into this issue and advise.

P.S.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have another NUC with the same problem.

I will apply this solution on that NUC as well, as soon as this NUC will be available.

Once I'll do that, I will update if it fixed the problem on the second NUC too.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello noamz,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

For system requirements the Intel® Realsense SR300 camera requires a 6th generation processor as you can see here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/devkit RealSense - Get Started with RealSense Technology | Intel® Developer Zone

At this point for better support please POST your issue to the developers group, you can POST it at the following link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/ Intel® RealSense™ SDK

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
NZafr
Novice

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that one of the SR300 requirements, but it doesn't seems like a problem that is caused by using a 5th generation processor instead of 6th.

Can you say for sure that using 5th generation processor is the root cause of this problem?

Did you see this problem happen with SR300 on non-6th generation processors before?

I've posted my issue in the developers group as you suggested (with the same topic), so we can continue the discussion there.

Thanks again,

Noam.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

At this point I suggest you to direct this question to the developers.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hello noamz,

I see that you created a thread on the developer site: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/622942 Realsense SR300 camera fails to start on a specific USB port I believe that is the right spot for this question.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
EJone2
Beginner

I just encountered the same problem. Swapping USB ports caused the third device, "Intel RealSense Camera SR300 Virtual Driver", to show up. It had been working fine for almost two months on the other port.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In order to get the proper support for you Intel® Realsense SR300 camera I suggest you to post this issue at the following link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/622942 Realsense SR300 camera fails to start on a specific USB port

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos