Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

asus ux305 graphics driver crashes or freezes

WBoek
Beginner

Hi,

approximately half a year ago I bought an Asus ux305. I often experienced crashes of the Intel graphics card, after which the system was apparently recovered. In order to prevent said crashes I updated my drives. Firstly, I used the Intel Driver Update Utility, which had no effect, and subsequently updated my graphics card using this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?v=t Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]. The driver utility now says that I've installed version 20.19.15.4352, while 15.40.18.4380 is the latest version available.

Now, in stead of crashing and recovering, the screen often freezes if I'm using the battery/didn't plug in the charger when I'm watching videos. The system can only recover from this freeze through a hard reset, pressing the on button to force a shut down.

Some further information:

• My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit
  • Intel Core M-5Y10c CPU @ 0.80 GHz

I hope that the freezing or crashing of the screen can be stopped.

Kind regards,

Wouter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello WouterB,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

At this point I suggest you to uninstall the graphics driver restart your system and then reinstall the driver. You can download the latest Beta driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8.1/10 [15.40]

Do you get this issue when you use the ASUS graphics driver? If not, I recommend staying with ASUS driver as it is the one recommended for your system, I'm saying this because your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you to contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information. Please be aware that Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes only.

Please let me know if uninstalling and reinstalling the Beta driver solves your problem

Best wishes,

Ivan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello WouterB,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

At this point I suggest you to uninstall the graphics driver restart your system and then reinstall the driver. You can download the latest Beta driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8.1/10 [15.40]

Do you get this issue when you use the ASUS graphics driver? If not, I recommend staying with ASUS driver as it is the one recommended for your system, I'm saying this because your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you to contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information. Please be aware that Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes only.

Please let me know if uninstalling and reinstalling the Beta driver solves your problem

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos