Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Forced Application Scaling is not available in Win10, issue ignored in latest driver release

KKost3
Beginner

In driver release documentation from 10/26/2015 we can read that "Forced Application Scaling is not available in Win10" is the most important known issue that is about to fix. Now almost 5 months later there is new release from 3/8/2016 which not only not added this feature but also the issue is removed from the documentation. So I should understand that we'll never get that what was obvious on windows 8.1?

This option was very usefull for me cause I have 21:9 monitor and not every game supports this aspect ratio, with Forced Application Scaling I was able to play without stretched image.

Of course I can roll-back to windows 8.1 but I think this is not the solution. Please tell me if there is any hope that this option will be added in the further releases.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Kostek:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities and advising us about this situation.

I would like to gather some information to better assist you on this.

-Driver version that you are currently using:

-Driver version with the issue:

-CPU model in your system:

-If this is pre-build system, the brand and model of your PC:

I look forward to your reply on this.

If you require any further information or support, do not hesitate to add it in your answer.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
KKost3
Beginner

-Driver version that you are currently using: newest driver avaiable 15.40 from 3/8/2016

-Driver version with the issue: every driver on Windows 10 for 4th gen Intel Graphics

-CPU model in your system: Intel Core i5-4210H

-If this is pre-build system, the brand and model of your PC:Lenovo Y50-70

Please help me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Kostek:

Thank you for the information provided.

I would like to know, have you tested the behavior of your system with the drivers provided by your OEM?

While using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid losing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

Here the drivers for your device: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Notebook-Lenovo?linkTrack=Homepage:Body_Search%20Products&beta=false http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Y-Series-laptops/Y50-70-Notebook-Lenovo?linkTrack=Homepage:Body_Search%20Products&beta=false

Additionally, what happens if you access the graphics control panel and select display > Scaling > Maintain Display Scaling?

Have you tested different resolutions and scaling related settings in the in-game settings of the games you are having issues with?

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Kostek:

Thought I would just check in and find out if you have updates for this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos