Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities

CPU

PDale1
Beginner

Is my CPU going faulty have downloaded the Intel processor diagnostic tool 64Bit.running a test it states a FAIL on the band string test processor 1,is it anything to be worried about? can it be fixed?am running Windows 10 OS 64bit sometimes the laptop freezes but have a new 1TB HDD good cooling pad along with anti-virus and antispyware which are always up to- date.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PeterJD,

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is telling you the processor is faulty; however, we need to narrow the issue. Make sure the memories are running at the proper speed.

If problem continues, I will suggest you to contact your pc manufacturer and try to replace the laptop.

Now, Windows® 10 works better on computers with 4th generation processors; the error could be a compatibility issue.

Regards,

Mike C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PeterJD,

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is telling you the processor is faulty; however, we need to narrow the issue. Make sure the memories are running at the proper speed.

If problem continues, I will suggest you to contact your pc manufacturer and try to replace the laptop.

Now, Windows® 10 works better on computers with 4th generation processors; the error could be a compatibility issue.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos