Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

laptop intel hd graphics automatic brigthness dont go off

JJoon
Beginner

There's little annoying thing in intel hd graphics settings panel. When using my laptop (acer nitro v15) with battery power I switch automatic power saving technology off and then when I turn off and again on my laptop it's switched to it's default position: on? So laptop's screen is continually adjusting brigthness which I find is annoying.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, joomk_80:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to double check if I got your issue correctly, you have your laptop plugged in, turn off the power saving technology, then when you turn the computer off and then on the saving technology feature is on again?

Additionally, please provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility report from your system, this will be useful to provide you with the drivers to be tested in your system.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
JJoon
Beginner

Hi,

Thank's for answering.

Yes right, but not plugged in just using battery power. Simpler to put: the hd graphics settings don't remember screen power saving technology status. Which I want to disable.

Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home(10.0.10586 Build 10586)Physical Memory (Installed):8 GBProcessor :Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHzSystem Type:x64-based PCDisplay Adapter(s):Intel(R) HD Graphics Family20.19.15.4300NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 10.18.13.6472System Manufacturer:AcerSystem Model:Aspire VN7-571GNetwork Adapter(s):Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 726517.15.0.5Realtek PCIe GBE -perheen ohjain9.1.402.2015Disk(s):ST1000LM014-1EJ164841,88 GB (available)10.0.10586.0
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your answer and clarification, joomk_80

Let's do the following.

-Access the device manager (you can use windows start search to find it).

-Look for Display adapters double click on it.

-Right click on your Intel® HD Graphics and hit properties.

-Go to driver tab and hit uninstall.

-Select "Delete the driver software for this device"

After doing this, please install the graphics driver here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5636;-;Aspire%20VN7-571G http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5636;-;Aspire%20VN7-571G

20.19.15.4300 is the version to be installed.

Once done, please install all windows updates and check your system's conduct.

Hope this can help you out.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
JJoon
Beginner

Ok, I did the prosedure and now somehow I can't get screen power saving technology on, which I don't mind because I want it disabled . I should mention that I had done some registry key value changing that suggested some internet site. But I think It's ok now...

-Joona

0 Kudos
JJoon
Beginner

Update: It still doesn't work. It keeps switching screen power saving.. on. Again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for letting us know about this joomk_80.

In this case, I would like to recommend you to contact the manufacturer of your device, due to the fact that we have tested drivers in the system with different installation methods and the issue remains.

A good option go with would be getting support from the ones that designed, integrated and build the system, drivers from their side could fix this.

A little side note to provide you more background on OEM drivers: While using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel.

Hope you can get this fixed with the instructions provided by them, please let me know how it goes.

If any further inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, joomk_80 :

I was checking this thread and wondered if you were able to get this fixed!

Please let me know 🙂

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
JJoon
Beginner

Hi,

no I haven't got it fixed, I've been too lazy to write about it to other forums. Maybe I just wait when they update the driver and hope It'll be fixed.

Greetings, Joona Kainulainen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, joomk_80:

Were you able to try the drivers recommended above?

Please let me know how it went.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
JJoon
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, I was able to install driver 15.40.25.4463. I'm not sure if it works like it should, but at the moment looks like it's not using screen power saving technology. Althought it says it's on. Mixed feelings...?!

-Joona K.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, joomk_80:

Thank you for your answer, I would like to check, is the system working as desired?

Please let me know 🙂

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
JJoon
Beginner

System is working ok. And maybe the driver is also better.

-Joona

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That is awesome, joomk_80 !

If you require any further support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos