Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

"Application Has Been Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware Intel 5500"

idata
Employee

Every time I try to play a game for example Overwatch,TF2 and sorts this error pops up. My display is frozen and the game is not playable. I know that the game is still responsive because I can still hear everything I'm doing it's just the fact that my display is frozen at one place and I can't do anything about it without restarting. I used to get the problem "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" but after doing TdrDelay in Regedit it now has this problem. I've attached some files about my laptop for convenience.

I'm not really the best with this stuff so it's probably gonna be incorrect

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 5500

Edit:After using the Intel Driver Utility Update 2.6 it says there was a new version of my drivers that have been made but when I try to update it just says that it's not the right drivers. 15.40.25.4463 is the version it gave me in the utility update and when I search on the intel page I come across the same version but it just says it's not compatible

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Bump

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, ItsBrandon:

Please try the following version, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] , this version is fully compatible with your graphics controller. Follow this method for the installation of the driver http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey Amy,I've followed all the procedures and I've just tested it out and I still proceed to get the error.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've also checked to see if I actually updated it and my drivers from before just stay and nothing happens.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you mean that the 4474 version was not installed? Please try the method attached, this method should ensure the installation of the driver.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

20.19.15.4474 is the one that's getting installed is that the correct version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, that is the correct version. Does the issue persist with that version?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's been smooth so far I'll reply in a week if there are any problems!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Day 1 was smooth but the error is appearing again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

When you installed this version 4474, did you change the registry back to the default values? I am asking this since you mentioned the TdrDelay in Regedit.

Add the game to the trusted applications in your Windows firewall configuration and if you have antivirus installed do the same.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Amy,thank you for your support it's been a very smooth and easy road to fixing this problem.

Hope you have a great day,

Brandon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am really glad to hear that, enjoy your game.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos