Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD 4000 Fails After Win 10 Anniversary Upgrade

AAlej2
Beginner

Hello folks,

My Lenovo W530 has both an Intel Graphics HD 4000 as well as a NVidiia Quadro K1000M. Today, after installing the Win 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Intel driver for the integrated card is not working anymore (error 43) and thus I can only work with the external monitor (as the laptop's main display can only be used with the integrated card).

I have been using Win 10 on this machine for several months and it was all fine up to today.

Steps I have taken

- Ran Intel Driver Update Utility; every time it keeps saying integrated card drivers should be updated, I do so, but same driver (4425) is running after reboot

- Ran Lenovo update tool; it updated a bunch of stuff, including BIOS

- Tried deleting driver and letting machine reboot; it automatically installs it on reboot,but problem persists

- tried to start in safe mode, but can't get video signal on either monitor that way

Running out of ideas here; thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

You will need to roll back to your previous Windows® 10 version 1511 or November update. At this stage, the latest Windows® 10 anniversary supports WDDM 2.1 and your graphics controller does not support such feature, this is only 1.3.

WDDM 2.1 support is scheduled for Intel 6th Generation and Intel's next generation graphics.

Allan.
0 Kudos
AAlej2
Beginner

Thank you very much Alan for your response.

Does this mean that I'll never be able to run Win 10 Anniversary on this machine, or is there some ETA for it?

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You will be able to run Windows® 10 on your computer but the latest Windows® 10 Anniversary won't be compatible. I regret to inform you that there will not be an estimate for the new update on the Intel® HD Graphics 4000.

Allan.

0 Kudos
AAlej2
Beginner

Humm, a colleague has an Asus ux31a, with a i5-3317U and the Intel Graphics HD 4000 (on 4358 drivers) and it is running Anniversary just fine. Do you know why he is be able to run it, but not me, given that we have the same integrated graphic controller?

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, the documentation I have is that WDDM 2.1 was optimized for newer generation processors. I do not have information about why your colleague's computer is working with the anniversary update.

Allan.
0 Kudos
bzins1
Beginner

I also have an Asus ux31a with intel hd 4000 graphics driver and bad resolution after windows 10 anniversary update.

had the same problems after migrating from windows 8 to 10. problems were solved after the 2015 driver upgrade. now problems are back.

i Will keep on waiting for intel drived updates.

Cheers

Baztiaan.

0 Kudos