Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14538 Discussions

Help i7 4770 is slower than i7 960

jsilv29
Beginner

hello

nesecito help, fourth generation cpu i7 4770 3.4ghz rendered at a speed of 1.2 ghz cpu that is slower than a i7 930 2.8 ghz please someone who knows the subject, attached link to test each of these cpu. thank you very much

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the community.

I understand you have problems with processor speed on i7-4770.

This problem might be the processor itself or the BIOS on your computer.

At this stage, please update your computer BIOS and make sure Intel SpeedStep Technology* is disabled at BIOS level.

* Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power-conservation needs of mobile systems

Please run the processor ID utility and take a screen shot of it and reply back with the information of reported and expected processor speed.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=1881&DwnldID=7838&ProductFamily=Processors&ProductLine=Processor+Utilities&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Processor+Identification+Utility&DownloadType=Utilities%2c+Tools+and+Examples&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=1881&DwnldID=7838&ProductFamily=Processors&ProductLine=Processor+Utilities&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Processor+Identification+Utility&DownloadType=Utilities%2c+Tools+and+Examples&lang=eng

Allan.

0 Kudos
jsilv29
Beginner

Hi Alan, thanks for your response make the changes that you indicated your me, now the cpu is always at 3.4 ghz but the base image I render some 1.4 ghz not understand

0 Kudos
jsilv29
Beginner

alan, I send test rendering, while the computer is running program without any mark 3790.00 ghz core speed but when rendering core speed 1197.00 disappointing ghz mark, make a great investment in this processor and motherboard gigabyte z87x, but I'm in trouble .

Agradesco your time, you're a good person.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Sorry about the trouble. It seems you may have defective processor. I would understand that Intel SpeedStep Technology makes the processor run slower because is saving power, however, if this option is disabled at BIOS level it should not interfere with processor speed.

I may say you have defective processor then I recommend contacting Intel customer support for possible warranty options:

www.intel.com/chat and choose processor area

Just a small update about this issue. Please check for heat issues, at this point, re arrange the Fan and heatsink, if possible re apply thermal solution to your processor. The heat generated by the processor may cause this type of issues as well.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos