Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problem updating Graphics Drivers

NLee6
Beginner

I recently got a new laptop and decided to update the drivers as usual. I went to the Intel Driver Update Utility, and after using the utility, it said that I had an OEM driver installed. I decided to manually download the generic driver, and after a (long) while searching for it, I thought I'd found it. It said that it was compatible for laptops with an Intel Celeron 1017U processor with Intel HD Graphics. After downloading it, I attempted to install it. It gave me this message, "This installation package is not supported by this processor type."

I have tried: Uninstalling the OEM driver, and manually installing the generic driver. (The computer reinstalls the OEM driver before I can try to install the generic one)

Any help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi SquirrelShaman,

I am sorry you are having this problem but let me help you.

I would like to get more information so I can provide the correct driver so can you please attach your dxdiag report here?

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
NLee6
Beginner

Thanks for your reply, but as after tinkering around for a little more, I managed to resolve the problem. Sorry for bothering

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

It is good to hear it is working now!

0 Kudos
WSchn
New Contributor I

download the zipped driver and force the installation

0 Kudos