Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Problems with the Intel Q965/Q963 Chipset Graphics - Random Reboot

JCant2
Beginner

Hi there

I am new to the forums that I want to address an issue regarding the Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) on my Lenovo ThinkCentre M55p. The problem with the driver I tried to reinstall was it causes many random reboots and there is no BSOD reporting it on Event Viewer. However, I checked it is Event 41 and has no problems for months. It's not the power supply or something, it's this.

The PC originally ran Windows XP, Vista, and 7. And now I am running Windows 8 64-bit. Could anyone give a solution how to prevent the random restarts caused by a graphics driver?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand you are experiencing issues under Windows 8 with your Intel Q965 chipset.

Please bear in mind you are using graphics controller with a non-compatible operating system. Full support for your graphics controller is available for Windows 7 and Vista.

Drivers for Windows 8 are provided by Microsoft through Microsoft update tool.

Refer to link below for more information about your graphics controller and Windows* 8 FAQ.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Graphics Drivers — Microsoft Windows 8* and Windows 8.1* Support FAQ

Allan.

oocea
Novice

I also cannot find :

Q965/Q963 express chipset

I am using win 7 ,

where can I download the needed driver ?

oocea
Novice

tried the 64 bit version. my PC is not compatible .

tried the 32 bit version, same result, did not work.

tried using the ZIP version, same result.

will be happy to try something else.

thank you

0 Kudos
Esteban_V_Intel
Employee

In that case it would be a good idea having Lenovo involve on this matter since they may be a known isuse with their product that we do not know about. Also you can try with a fresh installation of windows without any windows updates and see how it behaves.

Regards,

0 Kudos
AKALA1
Beginner

ok. please follow the steps.

go to this link if you have win 7 32 bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18223/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-7-exe- Download Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7(exe)

or if you have 64 bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18228/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-7-64-exe- Download Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7 64 (exe)

then download the wanted package

after that download winrar and install it,

then right click on the Intel package download and press extract to which should create a new folder for the extracted data.

after go to my computer on your desktop and press right click then manage, then when it opens go to device manager and

go to display adapters right click on the driver installed and press update driver software and choose browse my computer and

direct it to the extracted intel package and choose graphics folder and press next and your problem will be solved hopefully.

0 Kudos
JRuiz32
Beginner

I have the same computer ... with a Q6600 CPU, 8GB RAM and SSD for the S.O. (Windows 10), and it works very well, except that the graphics card does not support WebGl .. and that limits the possibilities of seeing some websites (cinema, series, etc.). Intel should provide a driver for this version of Windows.

Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) on my Lenovo ThinkCentre M55p

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This chipset is not suppported on WIndows 10, nor is your processor. There is no driver for Windows 10, except for the Microsoft generic driver which lack performance and features.

Solution? Purchace a new laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos