Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel GMA 3150 Driver

idata
Employee

I have a Toshiba NB305 series netbook. The system info says that it has an Intel GMA 3150. I noticed that there were problems with the driver right away - there is a known problem with a weird line at the top of the screen when booting up, so I downloaded a newer driver from the Toshiba support site that it said fixes the problem. Well, I still have the line, and as I have used the computer more (very new, less than 2wks old) every now and then the screen wil flash and go black momentarily and recover. A message appears at the bottom of the screen saying that the driver failed to respond and then recovered. The thing is, it reports that the driver is the Intel CMA 3150 for Vista driver. This netbook came with Windows 7 Starter, and I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium, so I looked on the intel website for a better driver update. I found the ones that match, it says it is for Intel GMA 3150 Win7 32bit Home Premium, and also mentions that it is good for Intel Atom processor notebooks/netbooks. However, when I downloaded the file and tried to install it, I keep getting a message that says the driver is not validated for this machine and it won't let me continue. The screen flashing is irritating and I think the driver is behind my slowness issues that make playing videos difficult (they skip and jump), so I really need a new driver. Help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Surya_M_Intel
Employee

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgma3150/sb/CS-031161.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgma3150/sb/CS-031161.htm

The Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 driver for the Intel® Atom™ Processor technology supports the following operating systems:

Windows*:

• Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit and 64-bit versions)

• Windows 7 Starter Edition

• Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit versions)

• Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit versions)

0 Kudos