Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

SR1690WB + AXXRAKSW5 update

idata
Employee

I have the problem what *.nsh is right to update the SR1690WB with AXXRAKSW5.

I can't found a answer on one of the readme-files in the zip-package.

Hope you can help me.

6 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

What are you trying to update? AXXRAKSW5 is a hardware key and doesn't require a software update.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thats right, but the AXXRAKSW5 activate the hardwareraid or not? Can I update the hardwareraid without hardware key?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

No AXXRAKSW5 activates software RAID 5. What hardware RAID component are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hmm...okay..... I use the combination SR1690WB with AXXRAKSW5. AXXRAKSW5 activate only software RAID, thanks for the information. But can I update this combination with the "EPSD_SAS_FW_v.2009.10.06_ph17" - packet? In the "ESRT2_IR_readme.txt" I found a information to the update with AXXRAKSW5 RAIDKEY, but not the right *.nsh file for the update.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

No, the "EPSD_SAS_FW_v.2009.10.06_ph17" package is only used on SAS controllers. I believe you're using the onboard SATA controller, and that part of firmware is included in the BIOS package. Download the following package and follow the instructions:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19065&lang=eng Firmware Update Package for IDA, OFU, EFI, WinPE
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks for the answer, it was helpful to resolve my problem.

thanks edward

0 Kudos