cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox suddenly decides I'm running raid!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

X25-M 80Gb everything has been fine the past few days running RST 9.6, today toolbox 1.3 when I run optimiser tells me I can't because I have a raid configuration!

The bios is set to AHCI nothing else indicates raid configuration and I have definately not set it up that way, I'm now wondering if RST drives are the way to go as I'm wondering about auto trim if the system things I'm running raid I might be better to go back to the matrix driver and schedule trim in toolbox.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I don't seem to be able to use the defaulty MS driver as the chipset won't let me uninstall RST or Matrix drivers

David

SOLUTION FOUND:

If the SSD is compressed by W7 the above problem occurs, when un-compressed the optimiser works, this maybe a solution for other toolbox problems reported.

Message was edited by: djmorgan

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here. It has never worked since I got the drive (the 40 gigs one) a month ago. Compression is not activated in Windows 7.

What are RST drivers?

klown

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well mine is working okay now so no complaints and OS compression was the problem.

RST are Intels Rapid Storage Drivers, one of 3 avaiable drivers you can use, the others being the native MS driver and another Intel driver now replaced by RST.

Check that you are running AHCI and do some searching here and elesewhere for solutions

DAvid

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

XP orof. Toolbox 1.3

SSD not configured for raid, not encrypted and not compressed.

Still 'cannot optimise trim in raid configuration' on manual trim intermittentky - reboot cures but not always..

The toolbox I am told does secondary checks for raid - what is it looking at to get this error.