Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel PROSet Administrator Tool

idata
Employee

I have three questions about the Intel PROSet Administrator Tool

1. When I create a persistent/prelogon profile for a computer, how can I exclude the profile for users who do not have permission to connect to the Wireless Network? Currently, users that aren't permitted to connect get constant error messages that they have a connection problem.

2. When a user logins with a Intel PROSet persistent/prelogon profile they get status messages for each step of the authentication which I like for troubleshooting but is it possible to hide it for normal usage?

3. How are people getting support for the Intel proset tool - i know if I ring the computer vendor I will have difficulty getting expert support for anything other than hardware replacement.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sachin_A_Intel
Employee

1.)Once the ITAdmin package is applied to any client box with Intel PROSet wireless utility installed, it applies to all the users on that machine. If users are on separate client boxes.....you can selectively choose the SSO option while installing the PROSet.

2)Hiding status messages is not possible.

Sachin

Intel Corp

vt5
New Contributor I

if you're in a domain, you can create group policy and proset admin package for each user group.

0 Kudos