Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Pentium Processor E5300

idata
Employee

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I purchased an E5300 Duel Core Processor that is 64bit, is it compatible with Windows 7 32bit?

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Yes, if the CPU supports Intel (R) 64, then it will work with 32 bit and 64 bit software and OS.

The main thing that you may need to check is if there are any drivers for the motherboard for Win 7 32 bits.

Of course, i am assuming that the board and cpu are compatible and are on the compatibility from the board's manufacturer site.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the response. I', building the PC from scratch and I'm waiting for a few more parts. I'll let you know how things work out. Thanks again. Peace.

0 Kudos