Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Help video driver control panel is completely wrong after update!

idata
Employee

I recently updated my video driver Intel HD Graphics from an older version to a newer version and now i have this control panel that has no specific features or options in it

And when I try to disable anti-aliasing in the options it doesnt work for all games! One game i play has it forced and i cant disable it from within game! On my other computer with ati graphics i can disable anti-aliasing in ati's control panel and it actually disables it in-game too and gives me more framerates! but it doesnt work on the newest intel hd graphics control panel driver! Where can I find the old version that supports the old control panel again?

The version i have control panel looks like this http://technosider.com/uploads/topics/img/00/00/19/20140829170251_8aedb.jpg http://technosider.com/uploads/topics/img/00/00/19/20140829170251_8aedb.jpg

Very few useful options and does not support changing openGL options only works on directx programs

the version i want to downgrade back to looks like this http://www.eightforums.com/attachments/graphic-cards/9739d1350785088-preinstalled-intel-hd-graphics-drivers-preventing-graphic-control-menu-sni2t.png http://www.eightforums.com/attachments/graphic-cards/9739d1350785088-preinstalled-intel-hd-graphics-drivers-preventing-g

openGL and DirectX options actually work correctly with this version! How do I get it back?

I have windows 7 ultimate x64-bit and Intel HD Graphics

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand you are looking for an earlier graphics control panel Graphic User Interface.

The only way to obtain an earlier graphics control panel would be installing old driver for your graphics controller, I regret to inform you that Intel does not maintain older drivers on downloadcenter.intel.com; you will need to check your computer model and download drivers from your computer manufacturer.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

The new control panel has all of the same options that the older versions had - it just shows them differently. For the 3D tab, you should be able to access the options as follows:

1) Open Control Panel, select 3D icon

2) under General Settings, select Custom Settings

3) now you can select the relevant options - these will affect both DirectX and OpenGL.

4) note that some options that were present in older drivers have been removed since they are obsolete (HW vs SW vertex processing, texture quality - LOD biasing); some new ones have been added

Are you seeing some specific issue with 3D settings not being applied for OpenGL?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Forcing Anti-Aliasing off in control panel does not turn it off in one of the games i play and the game itself has no such option to turn anti-aliasing off or on its always on and it makes the performance very poor and not enjoyable to play. there is no newer version of the game that has such options either and there is no configuration files for the game to change the options for AA either so i'm stuck with a laggy game :c

the game is in openGL 1.1 but supports some kind of anti-aliasing still when i disable my graphics card driver in device manager and play the game it runs but really slowly and anti-aliasing is shown as not supported in the game log so then it turns it off but it says its supported with my graphics driver enabled in device manager so it forces it on whether or not its forced off in control panel it only seems to work for some DX3D games and not openGL games?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

also in older version of control panel and video driver it actually worked but i dont have the old version on my computer anymore since it was updated :c

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have this problem

Intel graphics control panel now offers an option to allow user to disable driver reporting Multi-Sample Antialiasing (MSAA) capabilities to applications. Some applications automatically enable MSAA, if the driver reports support for it. Enabling MSAA makes the workload more intensive, it can impact the frame rate/smoothness of animation for certain applications. In such cases, this option provides the user the ability to disable MSAA. The option appears in the 3D tile

but my intel hd graphics (bay trail) does not have the option to disable MSAA so the game-application uses MSAA no matter what AA option i choose in the control panel since i only have AA-Anti-Aliasing option in my control panel.

Please help because the game is unplayable with MSAA always enabled

If someone can think of a way to disable it via software or a specific driver please tell me as the game-application does not have an option to disable it in-game

On my other computer with ten times worst graphics card MSAA is disabled since its not supported and the game runs flawlessly and i dont want to have to use that computer just to play one game.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

does no one have a solution to this problem? its getting really old having to deal with massive input lag and stuttering and slow-downs from MSAA always being enabled.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Ken

What game(s) specifically are yo seeing the issues with?

Also, what feature of the "old" Graphics Control Panel are missing from the latest version?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"Open Hexagon" is the name of the game i'm playing. it has no way to disable MSAA from within game so it uses it no matter if i have AA enabled or not in control panel because MSAA is not in my control panel

Heres link to a video of open hexagon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKJ4ulHO28 Open Hexagon - Official Release Trailer - YouTube

it is simple game but runs very slow with MSAA always on. i have no option in my control panel to disable MSAA there isnt an option like in for Iris HD Graphics and such.

0 Kudos