Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

A bug can trigger HD Graphics power saving feature inadvertently

JSaar1
Beginner

As many of us know, the Intel HD graphics power saving feature can cause the somewhat annoying automatic screen brightness adjustment, so I have disabled the option.

However, the automatic brightness adjustment can still kick in after the following usage pattern:

1) I am using the laptop on battery power

2) I hibernate the laptop

3) I plug in the laptop while it is still in hibernation

4) I wake up the laptop from hibernation

5) Now the automatic brightness changing can be perceived, despite the power saving feature being disabled in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel

After this, I can fix the problem by unplugging and plugging again the laptop while it stays turned on.

So I suggest that there is still a bug somewhere which does not set the state of the power saving feature correctly in the described scenario.

This is an Optimus laptop (Acer V5-573G) with i7-4500U CPU and Nvidia GT750M.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Intel communities.

Your feedback is important to us and I thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos
SIsoc
Beginner

I use the same model (Acer V5 573G 4200U\750M) and this problem is still here. I hope this will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Which version of Windows do you have?

This is the link for the latest video drivers for your graphics controller: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81497/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4400 for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors

Allan.

0 Kudos