Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD 4400, can't find CustomModeApp.exe in System32

THark
Novice

Hi all,

I own a Sony Vaio Pro 13 (SVP1321C5E) and I want to use this with a Dell U2713HM external monitor, but the Sony driver doesn't support a higher resolution than 1920x1080.

The laptop is connected with a HDMI 1.4 cable without adapters/converters to the monitor.

So I did a manually installation of the latest generic driver from Intel (15.36.3.64.3907 ---> Graphic driver version 10.18.10.3907) to see if this feature was added, but this wasn't the case.

Next I tried to add a custom resolution trough the steps described at http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029478.htm# HDGFX Graphics Drivers — Custom Resolutions & Modes

However, there is no CustomModeApp.exe in the System32 folder, so I can't add a custom resolution. There is a CustomModeApp.exe.config availabe.

Because I first needed to do a manual installation of the Graphic driver I thought this might have caused problems so I repeated the installation but this time the automatic installation worked (by opening the Setup.exe file).The driver was installed again, but there still was no CustomModeApp.exe in the System32 folder

There are multiple CustomModeApp.exe files in the folder C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\

Does this mean Sony doesn't support Custom Modes/ Reoslutions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Timen

Custom modes are integrated with Intel HD Graphics Control Panel on the latest drivers and a separate Custom Modes App is no longer needed. You can access Custom Resolutions by opening the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, click the Display tile, click the Display dropdown and select Custom Resolutions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Timen

Custom modes are integrated with Intel HD Graphics Control Panel on the latest drivers and a separate Custom Modes App is no longer needed. You can access Custom Resolutions by opening the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, click the Display tile, click the Display dropdown and select Custom Resolutions.

idata
Employee

Have same problem but "Custom Resolutions" does not appear in that dropdown "display" list for me. Only the first 2 options Help?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi realflow100

Is your problem resolved/figured out? Custom Resolutions can be found either in older drivers with older versions of CUI using the CustomModeApp or in more recent CUI versions it is built into the CUI.

0 Kudos