Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Problem with Native (Straight) Sound via HDMI

PTurs
Beginner

Hello I have Lenovo Z580 with Windows 8.1 Pro, Intel HD 4000

I plugged my Yamaha rx-v375 AV receiver via HDMI.

I set audio configuration to 5.1 surround sound and set native(straight sound) without any special effects.

My AV receiver signal 5.1 source all the time, And I can't use my dolby prologic system for the stereo sources like (youtube, old games like warcraft 3 even Fifa 14 have only stereo sound.

This is picture 1 description(5 stpes).

1. I plugged my Yamaha rx-v375 AV receiver.

2. I clicked to configuration.

3. I set stereo and set rest of configuration.

4. Then I played source in stereo and my AV receiver shown correct stereo (front left and front right)

5. If I want i can use dolby prologic decoder to mix stereo to surround sound (front left, center, front right, rear left and rear right)

But sometimes i need to open program or PC game or film in native surround sound.

This is picture 2. description(5 stpes).

1. I plugged my Yamaha rx-v375 AV receiver.

2. I clicked to configuration.

3. I set 5.1 surround sound and set rest of configuration.

4. Then I played source in surround sound and my receiver shown correct surround sound (front left, center, front right, rear left and rear right)

5. But after that I played source in stereo sound and my receiver shown exactly the same surround sound (front left, center, front right, rear left and rear right) This is intel driver error, because source had only front left and front right !!!!!

It should be dynamic switch between stereo and 5.1 via HDMI and not 5.1 all the time!!!!!

It is very tiring to switch this manually in control panel all the time!!!!

0 Kudos
0 Replies