Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel 4000 HD Graphics - always cut off on second screen

KL3
Beginner

I hope someone here can help.

The issue: every single time I use the HDMI output of my laptop to connect to a second screen, a noticeable portion of screen gets cropped out (using Windows 8.1, and nearly the entire taskbar is cut off. Clock in the lower right is completely gone.)

This is not an external display issue - I travel for a living, and have had this problem on every single one of the literally dozens of different television sets that I've connected to. I have tried multiple cables with same sets just in case, with no change in results.

Some tech specs:

-Toshiba Satellite L55-A5284 laptop running Windows 8.1

-Intel HD Graphics 4000, driver 10.18.10.3345 (Dated October 28, 2013)

-15" screen at 1366x768

I've adjusted the second screen resolution to every option it offers, and it's always cropped. I experiment with the aspect ratio of each set I connect to, and no matter what I choose, the image is always cut off. If there's any more information I can provide to help figure this out, please let me know. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand your screen looks cropped out under Windows 8.1.

I have noticed that you are currently running an earlier driver version. At this stage, you probably just need to update video drivers to fix this matter.

Please filter by operating system and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3712 Intel® Download Center

Allan.

0 Kudos
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

Is it possible that you have configured Overscan/Underscan in the Intel control panel? If so, it might affect all HDMI displays you connect to...

0 Kudos