Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox v3.2.3 SSD Optimizer Crash

NSCL
New Contributor

Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox v3.2.3

Intel SSD 520 Series drive

Every time the SSD Optimizer is ran, it crashes with the error: "Analyzer.exe has stopped working".

This error appears in Windows Event Viewer:

Event ID 1000, Application Error. Faulting application Analyzer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x535a83f1, faulting module Analyzer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x535a83f1, exception code 0x40000015, fault offset 0x000097cf, process id 0x17c4, application start time 0x01cfcd19a9a82310.

And it creates 20 files named --=={Intel_Trim_File_(number)}==--.bin that fill up my entire drive.

Windows Event Viewer shows that Intel Toolbox SSD.exe creates an error Event ID 1026 with .NET 4.0, so I removed and reinstalled NET 4.0. The problem still happens. Reinstalling all versions of .NET didn't help either.

Please help ASAP because an SSD without trim is doomed.

15 REPLIES 15

Kevin_M_Intel
Contributor II

Hi nwt,

I am sorry for your trouble but let me help you.

Please note that TRIM is enabled by default on the drive and it will be activated when running on the Operating System. The Optimizer option from toolbox is to activate TRIM manually when it is necessary as an example on XP which does not support TRIM natively so you can use the software to manually activate it.

At this point, I would like to get some more information about the system you have. Please provide the following:

1. What is the brand and model of the computer?
  2. Are you using Intel® Rapid Storage Technology?
  3. Do you have a RAID set up?
  4. What is the Operating System installed?

Can you please provide the dxdiag report here? How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Also, please run the System Identification Utility and provide the code created by it:

http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm

Kevin M

1. HP Pavilion a6300f

2. I have no idea what that is.

3. No

4. Vista

And FYI: All prior versions of the SSD Optimizer Tool were working, including v3.2.1. I only installed v3.2.3 because we are forced to run the latest version to check for firmware updates.

Hi nwt,

Thank you for the information. I will need to research on this but In the meantime can you try this SSD in a different system? If so, are you getting same errors?

I will be back soon with more information.

Kevin M

We are still working on this but please know I will send all feedback to our engineers.

Kevin M