Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AC7260 problems with 17.1.0 drivers

BMcDo4
Beginner

I have been having similar problems with the AC7260 as everyone else when waking from sleep and powering on. The only way I could get wireless to work after a boot or after waking from sleep was to right click on the wireless icon in the systray>Open Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings: then right click on the AC7260 adapter and Disable/Enable. Once I did that it all seemed to work fine. I had to do this every time I booted or waking my laptop from sleet.

In an attempt to fix this I installed the latest drivers from the site v.17.1.0. This only made the situation worse. Now on boot the adapter was completely missing when I went to change adapter settings. I had to go into the device manager to find it and it had errors. I could then enable from here and it seemed to work. On boot I pulled these errors from the event log and thought it may help shed some light on what is going on:

NETwNb64: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 : Could not allocate the resources necessary for operation.

NETwNb64: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 : The version number is incorrect for this driver.

NDIS: Miniport Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, {83079d22-ae82-4800-9a93-27739f60a4a4}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power

I travel all over the place with my laptop and routinely connect to about 3 or 4 different access points every week. The behavior is the same no matter where I connect. I tried reverting to 17.0.6 which one user said works. So far I am able to reconnect when I wake from sleep. Granted, I just installed this older driver so I will keep an eye on it and report back here.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello lancia12,

I am sorry you are having this problem with the Wireless adapter. As you said, we have been working this issue with other users and a thread has been created.

I recommend you posting your issue at this link since your product issue similar:

/thread/54650 https://communities.intel.com/thread/54650

Kevin M

0 Kudos
SHaig
Novice
0 Kudos
XZhou16
Beginner

I have almost the same problem with the author, the same event logs, but my wireless card is Dualband wireless-N 7260. Every time i start the computer, there will be a exclamatory mark with the network card, and I have to disable the device and then enable it which is the best method I find. I have try many drivers such as 17.1, 17.0.x. Maybe It is ok in a previous version such as 16.x (Im not sure). My OS is 8.1 64bit.

0 Kudos