Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

Intel My Wifi Technology

idata
Employee

I'm attempting to connect multiple devices to my computer's internet connection via this program. However at this point I'll settle for connecting anything. I've tried Laptops, Xbox's, cell phones, and printers. So if you think there is an issue with the devices please let me know. However what I've learned is that I need to be able to open the advanced tab in order to set the channels that My Wifi broadcasts over.

This is a description of the error I receive everytime I open the My Wifi's Advanced Tab, and essentially the program freezes up and then crashes.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

I've tried restarting my computer, and the program.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: PanUI.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.3

Application Timestamp: 4b913daa

Fault Module Name: PanUI.exe

Fault Module Version: 13.2.0.3

Fault Module Timestamp: 4b913daa

Exception Offset: 00000000000bde04

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 18aa

Additional Information 2: 18aa415970f65e122c00fb5a4febcdbe

Additional Information 3: 394b

Additional Information 4: 394bab43d81b51e98977af03e7d25511

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Victor_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your post John,

As per the description of your issue, our best recommendation would be to uninstall the software and drivers for the wireless adapter and then try installing the latest driver version.

Please note that the latest version no longer uses the Intel(R) My WiFi technology; it uses the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard.

To do a clean install of the drivers and software see the following steps:

First download and save to your desktop the latest drivers and software package (file: Wireless_15.2.0_s32.exe)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3407&DwnldID=21560&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6200&DownloadType=Software+Applicationseng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3407&DwnldID=21560&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6200&DownloadType=Software+Applicationseng

Then download and save to your desktop the dashboard software: (file:Intel_My_WiFi_Dashboard_15.2.0_s32.msi)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3407&DwnldID=21562&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6200&DownloadType=Software+Applicationseng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3407&DwnldID=21562&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Advanced-N+6200&DownloadType=Software+Applicationseng

1. Remove the Intel® PROSet software from Control Panel\ Control Panel home\ programs, 'uninstall a Program', check also for any other PROSet software and uninstall it too.

2. Go to 'Start' right-click on 'Computer' click on device manager (on the left panel) click on "Network Adapters"\Double-Click the adapter name\Drivers Tab and click on the "Uninstall" button if present.

3. Remove the Wireless folder found at C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Intel. (if you do not see the "AppData" folder you need to "unhide " it, pres 'alt' click on tools then 'folder options' in folder options click on 'view' then select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" then click ok )

4. Install the latest drivers. (Right-click on the icon of the driver, and click on "run as administrator", click next, then accept the agreement, select "Custom installation' make sure all the features are available, no red "X" marked)

5. Right-click on the icon of the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard and click on "run as administrator" to Install the dashboard.

I hope this helps

idata
Employee

OK, this was a massive improvement I've made progress I now see an entirely new program. The circular dashboard now pops up and is very pretty. However I still have an issue. Every time I press the Turn on Wi-Fi Direct button in the center of the screen. I get an error as follows "Warning : Unable to turn Wi-Fi Direct(TM) off because other device is using the connections." I know this makes no sense considering the warning says I'm trying to turn Wi-Fi Direct off, however in the center of the dashboard it says "To discover nearby devices, you must first turn on Wi-Fi Direct.

-Thanks very much victor@intel

Any other help is much appreciated - John

0 Kudos