Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14546 Discussions

bsod x101, x124 and x9c

idata
Employee

Please somebody help me.

Hi, i have a Toshiba Qosmio x505-q870 and i getting bsod x101, x124 and x9c.

I tried everything, reinstall the system, replace the memory etc.

I figured out what is causing the BSODs.

When I disable Intel Dynamic Acceleration mode in bios the Bsod stops, but this solution reduce processing power.

Before disabling IDA, my Processor's Windows Experience Index was 7.1 and now is 6.5.

Please help me find a solution.

Sorry for my english.

My system :

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor

8Gb Ram

Win7

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Have you downloaded the most current drivers and BIOS from Toshiba?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I updated with the latest bios

I tried all drivers.

this BSODs

occur also in my second OS Winxp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that laptop is slightly old right? Has this problem only started happening recently?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No, this happens over a year, but disabling Intel Dynamic Acceleration mode in Bios allow me work without Bsods.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel Dynamic Acceleration is technology originally designed for Core 2 Duo processors. The same-ish technology for Nahalem CPUs is called Turbo Boost technology.

I don't know if the BIOS is just being sloppy by calling it Dynamic Acceleration, but if you've had errors for over a year, it's safe to say the processor does not support the mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel Dynamic Acceleration is the same as Intel Turbo Boost, and when I disable it in my Bios, the processor not exceed 1.6Ghz . When turned on, the processor can reach 2.8 ghz, i checked this with the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor.

My BSODs occur randomly with an interval of approximately 15 days and most often when idle.

I suspect it may be the processor or motherboard faulty.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I take it the laptop is no longer covered by the warranty?

Those bug checks suggest a problem with the CPU to me.

You might also try running memetest, but if you do turn off any overclocking first.

0 Kudos