Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Losing connectivity to DQ57TM when entering bios

WJone6
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried the 2 latest Bios versions (0042 and 0041) available online and when I entering the Bios on DQ57TM I lose connectivity. I can not ping, connect via web interface or with VNC Viewer plus once I reboot I can connect again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jacob_G_Intel
Employee

I have not experienced this and don't know off the top of my head what might be causing it. Will you provide the exact steps you take (eg are you sending a "reboot to BIOS" command or are rebooting and then pressing F2 to get into BIOS?), tool(s) you're using (eg MS Config Manager OOB Console), and config info for AMT (eg TLS or/off, digest vs. kerberos, LAN or WLAN, etc).

0 Kudos
WJone6
Beginner

Thanks for the response Jake...I didn't get a chance to trouble shoot again till last night. It looks like I have a bad motherboard I built a new system using a new mb and i5 660 cpu and it worked fine. I swapped out the cpu with the i5 650 from suspect system and it worked fine. Using the 660 cpu in the suspect motherboard resulted in the same loss of connection behavior.

0 Kudos