Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

monitor/tv settings not supported

idata
Employee

I have recently bought HP G62 with i3 processor with intel graphics card,i have been trying to connect my laptop to lcd tv but get no picture or sound via HDMI,when i looked up graphic card properties it will not let me change settings so i can use another monitor,it just says single display only,and scrolling down the list it also states that monitor/tv settings are not supported,when i bought the laptop they assured me i could connect to the tv no problem,via HDMI,and they have not been helpful since i would be grateful for any assistance,thanks Darren

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there. An Intel® Graphics Controller supports dual display and extended desktop, this is enabled when using the appropriate video cable, in your case HDMI to HDMI

I recommend obtaining live support via chat at the address below:

http://support.intel.com/support/feedback.htm http://support.intel.com/support/feedback.htm

thanks Allan.

DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

Did you have the TV connected and powered on when you booted the laptop?

Also check you BIOS settings for video options like dual monitor -enable/disable

idata
Employee

You can also check, if you are using Window 7, the Display option in the Control Panel. From the main Display window, click on Adjust Resolution. On my PC, which is different than yours, I can choose and configure multiple monitors from that screen.

Also, depending upon the TV, some older ones do not support audio over the HDMI interface, and you'll need to run separate audio cables to the TV in order to have audio.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your replies but i think there is an issue with the hdmi port because now when i connect it to the tv my laptop screen just freezes so it is going back to the shop and they can have a look at it.

0 Kudos