Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 3000&4000 : texture problem in 英雄伝説VI 空の軌跡

AZhao2
Novice

Hello everyone:

When I use HD Graphics 3000 to play 英雄伝説VI 空の軌跡, an old game powered by DirectX 8, it gets some texture problems like this:

The trees are just like Christmas trees 🙂

I've tried different versions of drivers, but none of them works.

Both HD 3000 and 4000 have this issue according to the reports from a players' forum.

However, HD Graphics integrated in i5 560m works well.

I guess it might be a bug of driver.

Any way to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi yzzbz,

Please reply with versions of the graphics drivers you have tried to isolate this issue, while I am waiting for the graphics drivers information, I will forward this interaction to our engineering department so they can investigate this issue. Aslo, what is exactly the name of the game?

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
AZhao2
Novice

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your apply.

I've tried 8.15.10.2622, 9.17.10.2875 and 9.17.10.2932. All of them have this issue.

The game's name is "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky" in English.

It's a Japanese role-playing game made by Falcom.

However, the PC game was released only in Japan and China( the English version is on PSP platform), so it may be a little difficult for you to test it.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi yzzbz,

Thanks for the information; I will make sure this reaches the graphics department for further research. In case of any update, I will come back here and post details.

0 Kudos
AZhao2
Novice

Hi Allan,

Thanks a lot!

I look forward to the solution.

0 Kudos
AZhao2
Novice

Hi Allen,

After half a year, I updated the driver to the newest one and the issue is still there...

So is it solvable or not?

0 Kudos
AZhao2
Novice

Hi Allen,

It seems that the issue has been fixed with the latest driver (15.33.8.64.3345) for HD 4000.

However, it still exists while using HD 3000 even with the latest driver (15.28.20.64.3347).

Here is a print screen:

Since the issue has been half-fixed, to make it fixed completely is not so difficult I think.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hello yzzbz,

Do you mind posting the graphics report generated within graphics properties and also the DirectX report?

Here is information about how to get graphics report and DirectX information:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm

Also, click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box, and then click OK.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
AZhao2
Novice

Hi Allan,

Here are the reports. I hope they will do some help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information, as soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi yzzbz,

I am trying to replicate this issue but I need this game to see if this is present with HD Graphics 3000 with latest Windows 8.1 drivers.

Is there any link to download a demo or free trial?

Are you using any PSP emulator to play on your PC?

I like to confirm your game; Is it "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky", right?

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
AZhao2
Novice

Hi Allan,

Yes, the name is right.

It is on PC and PSP but the PC version is only available in Japanese and Chinese until now.

Since it's a pretty aged game, there is no free trial for it.

I've uploaded the installer for First Chapter to Dropbox. It's DRM-free.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjpafts0g9ebihh/F2X3QhUfJZ Dropbox - ed6fc

It might be illegal to do so, but I can't think of any better ways to replicate it.

Tell me when you finish the download and I'll delete the link.

After installing, just copy the attachment to "save" folder. Run the game and load the 1st save, then you may see the "White-tree" issue.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I will take over Allan on this. I appreciate the information you provided.

Based on steps and information received from the engineering department, the driver we have develop should be able to play the game but at this point since you continue having issues, I recommend you contacting the people who develop/ rehashed the game or contacting the folks who ported it into an emulator.

0 Kudos