Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

How to troubleshoot/repair Intel Raid

idata
Employee

I have an Asus P8V77-V LK motherboard with RST 11.0.0.1339 and Bios v0908 x64.

I came in this morning to a black screen. I couldn't soft boot. I hard booted and got a boot error. The bios is set to RAID, however the boot option doesn't recognize a raid to boot to.

If I let the boot proceed I get to the RAID config. It originally said that the RAID was "Normal" and bootable. In the process of poking around I unplugged one of the drives in the RAID. Now the RST Utility says "Rebuild" and that it will rebuild in the OS, which won't boot. I do get a disk i/o error and then "reboot and select a proper boot device"

First time RAID user. Not really sure where to go from here. I have searched, but not come up with anything that indicates a step by step troubleshooting option. Is there a troubleshooting guide for these kinds of problems?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

After setting the bios to IDE and back to RAID, the bios can now see the RAID, but still won't boot. I still get the error "Reboot and Select proper Boot device". I am still searching for solutions.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Who knows if I am in the right forum. Just posting to keep track of where I am. Oddly, the bios flash utility can see the RAID array and navigate the files. Why the RAID isn't recognized, I don't know.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Bretter,

I just moved your post to the correct group for handling. Please let me know what kind of RAID did you have? RAID 1 or RAID 0?

0 Kudos