Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

No input with integrated graphics RMA'd motherboard same problem with new one.

idata
Employee

I get a b2 error code on my MSI mpower motherboards. I RMA'd it and received a new board about a month later and I get the same debug code. I posted to the official msi forums and a couple other forums, they have came to the same conclusion that It is a faulty CPU. I have tested with two sets of different known working ram. Cleared CMOS multiple times. I have tried a gtx 560 that I know works. I have had the board in and out of the case so not a grounding problem. The triangle on the cpu is facing the correct way, I have built a couple computers before so I know what I am doing. The board powers on, all the phase led's light up and the cpu fan spins. I have all 3 power connectors connected and my monitor says no signal and can't get into the bios (obviously). I was wondering if there was anything else I could do before sending in the cpu.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FGonz6
New Contributor III

Hello Andrew Johansen,

Would you please let us know detail information about the system you are running? Is there a chance you can test this processor into a known working unit or even test another processor into the same motherboard?

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do not have a spare mobo or processor to test. It is a i7 3770k and a z77 msi mpower motherboard, 16gb of g.skill sniper series ram. I have tried samsung and adata ram I have that I know works. I was just wondering if anyone could think of anything else I could try besides trying a new board/processor. The chances of getting two bunk boards are low but not unheard of and I would hate to send the processor in and it be fine. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
FGonz6
New Contributor III

Hello Andrew Johansen,

If you followed all the steps recommended by the manufacturer of the motherboard, the last and only option will be placing a Video card and try again. However, this will be a suggestion in case that the integrated graphics of your CPU are not functioning.

In case you need to replace the processor please call us at 916 377 7000 option 3 if you are located in North America,

If you are located in another geographical area; please access the following link;

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards,

0 Kudos