Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Centrino Advanced-N 6230 adapter 15.6.0 version drivers

EG
Beginner

I downloaded and installed the latest Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7 Professional 64bit version 15.6.0 my Centrino Advanced-N 6230 adapter.

The 15.6.0 version Proset software installed sucessfully but the driver version installed is 15.4.0.11 not 15.6.0?

I then tried downloading and installing just the version 15.6.0 drivers but that didn't change anything and my Proset driver version remains 15.4.0.11.

Why didn't the 15.6.0 drivers install? How can I get the 15.6.0 driver to install?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your post.

We understand that you have some questions on regards to the Intel(R) Centrino® Advanced-N 6230.

Please note that the behavior you described is normal. If you have an Intel(R) Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 wireless adapter and Windows* 7 64 bits operating system and install the latest version of the Intel(R) Proset Wireless Software (version 15.6.0), the version installed would be the 15.4.0. The same applies to Windows* 8 64 and 32 bits operating system.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your post.

We understand that you have some questions on regards to the Intel(R) Centrino® Advanced-N 6230.

Please note that the behavior you described is normal. If you have an Intel(R) Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 wireless adapter and Windows* 7 64 bits operating system and install the latest version of the Intel(R) Proset Wireless Software (version 15.6.0), the version installed would be the 15.4.0. The same applies to Windows* 8 64 and 32 bits operating system.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
EG
Beginner

Thanks for the explaination. My feedback is that Intel should have this information documented and inform the consumer about this on the driver download website for this software.

Intel used to publish release notes in the past for Proset software updates. This 15.6.0 software/driver update is very poorly documented and didn't have any release notes published that explained what was changing with the 15.6.0 software/driver update and other important information such as the latest drivers for the 6230 adapter would be 15.4.0.11 version. Can Intel publish this release update information on the download website?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

This is a great suggestion. We will pass this request to the appropriate department.

Thank you!

0 Kudos