Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

How to use 800 x 480 display with N2600 / 3600 graphics driver?

idata
Employee

I cannot find a way to configure the windows 7 driver of a N2600 ATOM board to change the resolution to 800x480 pixels.

Any idea what i can do? Or do we have to change to different board?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hartmut

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dr. Hartmut Kocher,

I understand you want o know how to change the resolution on a N2600 ATOM board.

Please note that the moment the latest drivers we have for the GMA 3600 is Windows* 7 32 bit only. If you have Windows 7 64 bit the problem may be related to this.

If you are running Windows* 7 32 bit, I suggest you downloading and installing the driver we have available from the following link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3468&DwnldID=22479&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Graphics+Media+Accelerator+3600+Series&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Windows+7+%2832-bit%29*&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3468&DwnldID=22479&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Graphics+Media+Accelerator+3600+Series&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Windows+7+%2832-bit%29*&lang=eng

If issue persist, it is possible that is necessary to configure a specific setting under the video Bios but to do this, Is necessary to check with the OEM or the system manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kevin,

i am using this driver already. My problem is that the resolution of 800*480 is not in the list of supported resolutions. If a enter advanced mode and go to the driver settings page, I can enter the values as custom resolution. When I press enter, I get an error message stating that some value is not supported.

Do I have to adapt the BIOS, or is there another chance to add this resolution to the list of supported resolutions?

Kind regards

Hartmut

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dr. Hartmut Kocher

Please note that the standard resolution in most computers and devices is 800x600. The resolution you are trying to get 800x480 can be locked in your system and this is the reason why this resolution is missing.

It might be possible to get the resolution but will be necessary to use special configuration under the video bios. I am afraid that this configuration or possibility to manipulate the video BIOS can be done by the system manufacturer only.

0 Kudos