Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Help With gl_ext_bindable_uniform on intel hd 4000!!!!!

idata
Employee

Hi all

i have problem with Mari on my laptop that have only Intel HD 4000 i just need to practice Mari but when i start Mari 2 i get this error

missing extension gl_ext_bindable_uniform

but other programs like Maya 2013, nuke 7, many games working fine

what can i do to run Mari

i have core i3 4gb ram with Intel HD 4000 OpenGL 4.0 DX11

tanx

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Let me check on this and get back to you with the required information.

idata
Employee

thank you for your respond. i am waiting for your information then

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

I have confirmed that gl_ext_bindable_uniform extension is not available, however the video controller supports GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object which is an extension that has evolved from the first one is has more functions. In this case you may need to check that you are using the latest version Mari application (version 2.0v1)

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/mari/ http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/mari/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried Mari 2.0v1, still asking for that extension.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

When it asks for that extension what happens? Does the application closes and does not run at all, or you just get a message and you may continue using the application?

If you may bypass that message and continue using the application, is there a way you can switch to the supported GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object method option?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

when i start the program it will show me a window that asks for that extension , then i click OK it will close the application.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Have you checked with the application developer to see if the software can be adjusted to use the GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object instead?

0 Kudos