Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Driver installed Successfully but not working

HKana6
Beginner

I have Lenovo G570 with 4 GB RAM, i5 & 2nd Gen. Config. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 for last 6 Months & all worked properly but suddenly yesterday

when i power up my laptop my Screen resolution becomes 1200 X 720 px so tried to do System Restore and it works.

Again same problem happened today & i do system restore but this time it didn't work so i uninstalled the driver and installed it again successfully but Screen

resolution remain low to 1200 X 720 px only.

I have also check display adapter in Device Manager. Status displaying it is working properly.

Now both the option System Restore & Latest Driver Installation not working so please help me to solve this error.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Harsh_Kanakhara, thanks for joining the Intel community.

These are some recommendations we can give you in order to find a solution for this behavior.

1. Make sure you are using the latest graphics driver version available for your system.

2. Use straight cables; please avoid using any type of adapter or converter in the connection

3. Make sure you have the latest BIOS version install on your system.

4. Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

We always recommend customers to download and install the drivers provided by the system manufacture, in your case from Lenovo, since our drivers are generic drivers and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

Regards,

HKana6
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I found a solution. It is of Driver Power State Failure. After Disabling Fast Startup in Power Options it is working well again.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Excellent. Thanks for letting us know.

0 Kudos