Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 7260 17.14 driver slow ac throughput

AMark8
Beginner

When fresh install windows on my ASUS G751JK with ac 7260 , throughput over ac WiFi reached up to 60 MB/s , but i followed the installation steps and installed ASUS recommended driver (17.0.5.8) but unfortunatley i have experienced unavailable WiFi after sleep (disable/enable WiFi helped but was Really annoying ) so i read a lot an found intel 17.14 (17.13 ) driver and problem was solved - BUT speed drop down significantly(it steal says i am connected on 866.7 Mbps but max throughput i can reach (file transfer to my NAS or other PC in the network) is 20 MBps (nearly 3 times lower than before).

Please help what am i doing wrong?

WiFi router is Linksys EA6500 i am connecting on 5 GHz..... as before..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Alex_markov,

If you computer came with this adapter installed we recommend that you continue using the drivers provided by ASUS as they may contain additional features.

As a suggestion, you can disable the option that says: " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." It might solve your issue using the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers. Below are the steps:

1 - Access Device Manager.

2 - Select Networking.

3 - Select the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

4 - Right click on it, and from the options, select the one that says Properties.

5 - When the dialog box pops up, go to the tab that says Power Management and from there, uncheck " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

*If you are using the driver version 17.14... That option should be checked.

6 - You can also enable the WMM by selecting the tab the says Advanced, from the options found in properties, select the Ad Hoc QoS Mode and then disable uAPSD.

Let us know if this information helped you.

AMark8
Beginner

Thank You aleki_intel,

I did (several times ) what You suggest - uninstalled latest intel driver and re installed (same intel 17.0.5 .8 provided by ASUS), Your suggestions might be (steal testing) solved sleep problem (Thank You), but speed is steal the same ~20 MB/s and i cant reach previous levels (also suggested by announced speed of connection 866.7 Mb/s) and this is what drives me crazy .

I am truing to rid of cables and installed several ac WiFi AP's around my house and i need higher speed because i do frequent backups on my NAS and transfer some big files to other PC's.

If You can give a suggestion what can be wrong to to have such n like speeds instead of ac???

Best regards

P.S.

I cant remember (did not looked) what driver version i had when i'v got 60 MB/s

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Alex_markov

Please check this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm Wireless Networking — What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity? as it may help to increase your speeds. Also make sure that the band is selected to auto or No preference. Also in the same advanced tap, set the first two options to auto as shown in the picture below.

Let us know if this helped you.

0 Kudos
AMark8
Beginner

Dear Aleki_intel,

All those are defaults and hence set, but all this is for n i am speaking about ac

0 Kudos
AMark8
Beginner

Am I the only one having this problem?

20MB/s is not bad but when card is connected (reporting) 866Mb/s You can expect at least 80MB/s - OK i had 66MB/s what went wron and how to return to those speeds again?

0 Kudos