Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problems with N-mode on 4965AGN and WiFi Link 5300

idata
Employee

Hi, I have both these WiFi cards (4965AGN and WiFi Link 5300) and I'm having troubles when connecting in 802.11N mode to my wireless router (Belkin N+).

In my other laptop, there is card with Atheros chip and it works fine. But when I'm trying to connect using Intel WiFi cards, I keep getting disconnected after some time - it's different every time. Especialy it occurs when I'm downloading something at full speed (I have 40Mbps connection, so I can utilize pretty well), the wireless connection crash and sometimes it takes forever to reconnect again. At the end, it reconnects every time, but it's very uncomfortable. I also tried to replace the router since it's still under warranty, but it didn't help. Router is set to 802.11b/g/n mode since I have also cell phone that doesn't support N mode.

Btw, I'm running Windows 7 Professional in 64bit. version, same problem also occured on Vista 64bit. and XP.

Thanks for any answer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tsijs
Beginner

I have pretty much the same problem as this person who had described his situation. In this case I have the NETGEAR WNDR3700 but it's not the router that creates this problem. Whenever I would go test my downloadspeed or when I am downloading on high speed, the connection would die a few seconds later and I get the message that there is limited access to the net. I have the latest driver and it didn't help...

I hope that anyone can help us !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Same problem here, HP Pavillion with 4965AGN and DIR-655 router, Win 7 x64. The problem seems common after researching web, with several other routers and other operating systems.

I've tried latest driver, still slows down or disconnects from N, while other N devices have no problem. There is no problem if I force G only (disable N on router).

I've been able to get the wireless to work again every time but only for a few minutes (without reboot) by re-installing the 13.3.0.137 driver.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have similar problems with the WiFi Link 5300 AGN on Dell Adamo running Windows 7 64bit. I lose connection to the NAT router and then disable and re-anable the WiFi connection to re-establish internet connectivity. I am using Intel Driver version 12.4.1.11 dated 14/05/2009. I downloaded the latest driver from Intel (this site, file Wireless_15.1.1_Ds64.exe) but can't get it to install.

There are error messages in the logs. I have tried using two different NAT routers, a Cisco Linksys WRT160N V2 and an Actiontec V1000H with the same results. My version of driver also loses sync with the router and will start transfering data at 50Kb/sec (should be 10MB/sec or better). I have a 60Mb/sec WAN with a GigE LAN.

Anyone know why I can't use the latest driver? There must be some trick to get the driver to load.

Thanks

0 Kudos