Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Intel desktop board DG33TL and DP35DP with cpu intel E3200 errors ?

idata
Employee

I've had an Intel DG33TL MB running with a Q6600 for over a year, but am re-purposing the system so I grabbed one of the new E3200 Celerons, according to the site it's compatable with all BIOS revisions (but I do have the most recent BIOS)

The first time I powered it on it wouldn't POST, a second try got it all the way through windows, could run it for hours, run some linpack tests/Prime95 games, web browsing and such, and seemingly all is well, but it will NOT reboot, I have to power down and power on to get it to POST again.

The CPU fan is always at MAX speed, and the temp always reads as 24c in BIOS, Intel's monitoring software (latest) shows it as 'over threshold' when at 24c in windows. If I use something such as CoreTemp it shows what I assume is the actual temp of the CPU (30-40c range)

I also noticed that CPU-Z seems to mis-identify it at times.. sometimes as a Celeron (not not specifically as E3200, just sort of a Generic 'celeron 2.4Ghz' type ID) other times as a 'Core 2'

So I assume it's that the MB/BIOS doesnt quite know what it's dealing with despite what intel said is supported.

Where should I go from here? (as in is there a good point of contect or some such)

/I hope Intel support Intel desktop board DG33TL and DP35DP with cpu intel E3200 .

0 Kudos
0 Replies