Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

idata
Employee

Hello Everyone,

We have a user in our office that is getting the following message a few times a day.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows XP(R) stopped

responding and has successfully recovered."

She is running Windows 7 32bit and she was not upgraded this was a clean install when we gave her the machine.

I first came here to Intel's website and downloaded the newest drivers. A couple days later she got the message again.

I then uninstalled all things Intel from Device Manager and Programs and Features, and downloaded the latest drivers from Dell's website (she has a Latitude E5400) for Chipset, Graphics, and BIOS. That seemed to work for a few days, but then today she has received the message two more times.

I hope somebody here has some other suggestions, because I am pulling my hair out here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

What is the model of the video controller on the system and what is the version of the driver that is installed?

Keep in mind that if the issue persists even when using the customized drivers that are provided by DELL and not only happens when using our generic drivers, you may be experiencing a software corruption, which may actually require an operating system reinstall.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We have similar issues with users using Windows 7 32-bit on HP Elitebook 2530p laptops (These use "Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD".) The error message also references Windows XP. The users are using the latest HP/Intel supplied Graphics drivers.

Many people on Nvidia forums (Their drivers have been crashing also) think this is related to newer Firefox/Flash versions. This did indeed start recently after Firefox and Flash have had numerous updates lately.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

heh sounds like you need to upgrade your drivers, now the bad news, Intel makes the worst drivers known... oh and it takes them forever to write them, Now here is the lesson, Never ever buy a computer with Intel HD graphics of any type... ( they would have happier customers if they used Nvidia graphics )

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

It also happened to me as well.. I was playing FIFA 13, then it suddenly force closed and gave me a notification as given in the screenshot.

I am running a Windows 7 64-bit, Samsung R540 Intel Core i3. Video controller is Intel(R) HD Graphics version 8.15.10.2104.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Jerome, in your case the issue might be that the system does not meet the requirements to fully support this game. I suggest that you try lowering all the video settings on the game and check with your game developer for further recommendations on this matter.

0 Kudos