Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Acer Aspire 751

idata
Employee

Hello everyone i recently bought one of these. i'm having problems with video memory shown below

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for ultra mobile Report

Report Date: 09/23/2009

Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 00:09:46

Driver Version: 7.14.10.1006

Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Basic* , Service Pack 2 (6.0.6002)

Default Language: English

DirectX* Version: 10.0

Physical Memory: 2037 MB

Minimum Graphics Memory: 64 MB

Maximum Graphics Memory: 762 MB

Graphics Memory in Use: 40 MB

Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2

Processor Speed: 1330 MHZ

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 8108

Device Revision: 07

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 500

Video BIOS: 0016

Current Graphics Mode: 1366 by 768 True Color (60 Hz)

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active MID Displays: 1

* MID *

Monitor Name: Not Available

Display Type: Digital

Gamma Value: 3.54

DDC2 Protocol: Supported

Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: 100.0 inches

Vertical: 100.0 inches

Monitor Supported Modes:

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

1366 by 768 (60 Hz)

Display Power Management Support:

Standby Mode: Supported

Suspend Mode: Supported

Active Off Mode: Supported

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

and i was wondering if there was any way other than bios to up the memory on this video card beings its going getting on the report 40mb and on bios 8mb thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

it looks like you had the exact same issue I had a few weeks ago. Basically the latest GMA 500 drivers are rubbish and run at a crippling rate. I actually went as far as accessing the http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD Intel's Embedded Graphics Drivers and compiling my own version of their latest gold drivers. There was certainly a marked performance.

However, at the time I was trying to use OpenGL 2. Even though Intel state that the GMA 500 can use OpenGL 2 their drivers do not (though I have no idea why they have done this). After much prodding and poking with the various drivers there was too much going wrong with the embedded drivers.

I ended up reinstalling the latest public release drivers but found the graphics speed so crippled on the laptop that I basically gave up and took the laptop back to the shop. I am sad to say that though the Acer was in principal a really nice laptop Intel have really let it down by providing sub standard drivers for their technology.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ok thanks for the info. so basicly i'll have to wait for a driver worth 2 cents to come out. i dont understand why intel would put something out there thats not work properly.

0 Kudos