Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

P8600 and P8700 processors question?

idata
Employee

I would like to know about the P8600 and P8700 processors on newegg.com it lists the specs however ti does not say that it is PM45 or GM45 compatible or not it only says that it is a P chipset please would someone help me with this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Rajiv and to your question yes I have and it does not realy tell me what I need to know about the processor, like what motherboard it is compatible with, because I am looking to buy a laptop with an NVIDIA 960M GS grphics card and the processor is a T6500 (2.1Ghz) on an PM45 motherboard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Yes, you wont find any list of compatible motherboards for the Intel mobile CPUs.

If you know the board model, check with the board manufacturer as they should have a list of compatible cpu as sometimes, even though the chipsets are meant to work with them, it may need a bios upgrade in order for them to work.

It is best to check with the OEM.

Sorry, i dont have any other information other than this.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Rajiv, but unfortunatly the tech support for newegg.com has no idea what they are talking about when I asked them the same question and the laptop is prefab which does not tell me much in the way of trying to find a new processor for the laptop.

0 Kudos